“Phase 1 Tickets live 22nd April, 12 noon on sunburn.in’’
India, April 22nd 2015: The leading format owners of music IPs across the country, Percept Live with its iconic brand in electronic dance music, Sunburn bring to Asia – ASOT Festival that promises to take you on a brand new musical journey that infallibly captures the true spirit of A State of Trance. Divided over several continents at the most incredible locations, A State of Trance festival delivers the unique ASOT vibe and electrifying atmosphere in its ultimate purest form playing different types of trance music (uplifting trance, vocal trance etc).
A State of Trance, the weekly radio show hosted by Armin Van Buuren consists of many special episodes which can include live performances by the host Armin Van Buuren guest mixes by other DJs and live sets from ASOT’s celebrations events that takes place every 50th episode of the show in different places and continents in the world. Starting from A State of Trance 400, A State of Trance became ‘live’ celebrating every 50th episode of the show in various events that took place in different cities and countries, together with many Trance DJs playing their sets live.
Its an interesting story as to why Mumbai was chosen to be a destination for ASOT festival Asia; ASOT 600 and Armin Only – Intense took place in Mumbai previously and both the events were almost sold out hence Mumbai was chosen to be the absolute choice to host ASOT Festival for all of Asia.
The artist lineup at ASOT –
ARMIN VAN BUUREN
• Armin Van Buuren is arguably one of the most popular DJs in the world. He has been named number one in the prestigious DJ MAG Top 100 poll five times in a row
• ASOT is his own radio show – ‘A State of Trance’ which is broadcasted to more than 100 FM Stations in 74 countries with more than 20 million listeners every week, his Podcast gets more than 50,000 downloads per week as well.
• The single ‘Save My Night’ was chosen as the official anthem for ‘Dance More, Drink Slow’ campaign, and ‘This Is What It Feels Like’ ended up with a Grammy Award nomination. The music video for his single ‘In and Out of Love’ featuring Sharon den Adel has received more than 140 million views, making it one of the most viewed videos on YouTube. May 2013 marked the release of Armin’s latest artist album, ‘Intense’, which was nominated for the Dutch Edison Pop Award for ‘Best Dance Album’
• He has collaborated with Israeli violinist Miri Ben-Ari, Australian duo NERVO, and singers by the likes of Trevor Guthrie, Emma Hewitt, Laura Jansen, Fiora, and more. ‘This Is What It Feels Like’ ft. Trevor Guthrie (the first single off the album) was nominated for the Grammy award for ‘Best Dance Recording’, and also received a nomination for a Canadian Juno Award
• In 2003, plans emerged to set up a record label: Armada Music. Together with Maykel Piron and David Lewis, Armin built the foundation of one of the most successful record labels worldwide. Armada Music, voted ‘Best Global Record Label’ 5 years in a row..
• Nic and Bossi’s behind-decks-brotherhood has led them to become Germany’s most successful and enduring electronic music duo
• They’ve sold out arenas, conquered electronic music capitals, spun at major music festivals and 10 years into their career became the highest climbers on DJ Mag’s Top 100 chart
• They have also remixed top notch artists like Armin van Buuren, Tiësto, Paul van Dyk, , Markus Schulz, Deadmau5 and Ferry Corsten and have their own radio show – ‘Wake Your Mind
• Orjan Nilsen’s work with the dutch label Armada Music started with the track “Red Woods” released in 2006 under his DJ Governor alias, and over the years Ørjan found his groove, flashing samples of his huge potential, with “La Guitarra” (2008), Lovers Lane and So Long Radio (2010).
• Ørjan went on to release his first artist album in 2011 titled “In My Opinion” which stormed up sales charts and catapulted Ørjan onto the watch-list of every EDM-fan around
• Orjan Nilsen is a regular at all ASOT shows around the world
• He is known for his melancholic melodies and has 17 #1 hits on Beatport
• He has played at many special editions of ASOT and at all major festivals like Tomorrowland, Electric Daisy Carnival, Mayday, Beyond Wonderland, Global Gathering
Super8 & Tab
• Renowned for their innovative approach to intricate and experimental production, Janne Mansnerus and Miika Eloranta have stealthily remained at the front of the pack since forming their collaboration in 2005
• An integral part of the Anjunabeats family, Super8 & Tab have set the trance world ablaze with classic anthems ‘Helsinki Scorchin’ , ‘Elektra’, ‘Irufushi’ and ‘L.A.
The concert will feature the best of trance and a whole lot of mindblowing visuals, SFX, lasers and a lot more heavenly trance music. …Tickets are on sale at www.sunburn.in. Get ready to be in ‘A State of Trance’ with Sunburn !
Sunburn is Asia’s largest electronic dance music brand, ranked as the 4th best festival in the world (inthemix.au). Started in 2007 as a 3 day music festival, Sunburn is an eclectic mix of music, entertainment, experiences, celebration and lifestyle that has seeded music tourism in India starting with Goa. In the past seven years of its existence, Sunburn has brought together renowned Indian and international artists to entertain hundreds of thousands of dance music lovers through its various formats that reach out to fans across India & Asia. Sunburn caters to a wide Indian and International audience and has positioned India as a prime dance festival destination to the world. Sunburn Campus, Sunburn Reload, Sunburn Arena, and Sunburn Goa, Sunburn Mumbai, and Sunburn Delhi, are some of the live event formats. Sunburn recently also launched ‘Sunburn on Air’; its weekly podcast with special EDM sets created by the world’s top EDM artists.
Sunburn has extended and diversified beyond the festival in Goa into cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru and Chennai. Other formats under the Sunburn umbrella include arena gigs, club gigs, campus gigs and the newest edition called ‘Sunburn Reload’ which are specially designed and customized to cater to as many dance music fans, giving them a piece of Sunburn in their very own town. Sunburn has brought down no less than 9 of the world’s top 10 DJs over the past couple of years to India, including the likes of Swedish House Mafia, Tiesto, Avicii, Hardwell, Deadmau5, Armin van Buuren, David Guetta, Afrojack and Nicky Romero. Reaching out to all the yearning fans across the nation, Sunburn is all set to give its fans the best experience of their lifetime over and again.
For More Information
About Percept Live
Percept Live, established in the year 2012, is the live entertainment division of Percept Limited. It owns and manages all the intellectual properties created in the live entertainment, sports, fashion, digital and media space. Percept has been in the ‘ideas’ business for the past 30 years and has been instrumental in creating many legendary ‘intellectual properties’ in the past for its clients. The creation of a dedicated ‘intellectual properties’ business was but a further extension to Percept’s existing knowledge and expertise in the entertainment, media and communications domain with a vision to convert path breaking innovative ideas into assets in order to create long term value for all its stakeholders.
Intellectual properties owned by Percept Live:
• Sunburn – Asia’s biggest and most popular electronic dance music festival
• Bollyboom – World’s first and biggest Bollywood dance music festival
• Windsong – Adventure music festival
• FLY – International live music festival cutting across multiple genres
• Fight Night –India’s first indoor boxing bouts between leading Indian and international boxers
• Champions of the World – A platform that brings together the most celebrated super icons in the arenas of sports, cinema, music, business entertainment and entrepreneurship
Percept Live is a part of Percept Limited, an entertainment, media and communications company founded in 1984. With capitalized billings of INR 27.04 billion (FY’14), Percept, today is at an enviable leadership position with a team of over 1,000 people and 62 offices across India and the Middle East.